This morning on our Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) podcast, we had our second in a series of special episodes, previewing the upcoming DevOps Enterprise Summit (DOES17) in San Francisco, featuring Gene Kim and select speakers from the event.
Today we discuss what we can learn from the Equifax recent breach, and specifically the statement by Equifax’s former CEO who said that the breach is one person’s fault. How could we have planned for a better outcome in terms of resiliency, security, recovery, and more. How does DevOps help, and how can large enterprises take a “deep dive into DevOps” and foster tech-awareness for Leadership, to drive the transformation.
Our panelists were:
Former CTO, Etsy. Dad. Author. Guitarist. Student of sociotechnical systems, human factors, and cognitive systems engineering.
Sr. Director of IT and Data Center Operations at AdvancedMD. Previously the Director of Cloud Architecture and Director of Engineering Productivity and Agile Development at Ancestry.com. Founder of Flowcon with Jez Humble.
Also, check out the two links shared by Gene and John Allpow during the episose:
- The Stella Report – Report from the SNAFUcatchers Workshop on Coping With Complexity
- Gene’s scribes from Scaled Agile Day 2
Don’t miss out on THE DevOps event of the year!
DOES is selling out – register today!
On the next episode of Continuous Discussions (#c9d9):
Episode 80: Our 3rd special episode ahead of DOES17 – featuring Electric Cloud customers and select partners speaking at the conference
Join us on Tuesday, October 10 at 10am PT.
Software Engineering Manager, Intel
Global Software Configuration Manager, Urban Science
J. Paul Reed
Managing Partner, Release Engineering Approaches
Principal Consultant – DevOps, Trace3
Founder & CEO, Gary Gruver Consulting
Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) podcasts air every other Tuesday. See all episodes here.
Latest posts by Anders Wallgren (see all)
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 83: Year-End Special – 2018 software delivery trends and predictions - December 12, 2017
- Containerize Your Enthusiasm - November 29, 2017
- Continuous Discussions (#c9d9) Podcast, Episode 81: Gene Kim and the DOES17 Speakers #4 – Transformational Leadership - October 24, 2017